Sunday, July 17, 2005

Elevator... of Doom!

It's such fun climbing twelve flights of stairs with 24 rolls of toilet paper while still sore from an hour-long workout earlier in the day. But the elevator situation in my building just gets better every day.

For the last month, the middle elevator has been stuck on my floor with the outter door open and caution tape all over the doorway. I got to see it everyday whether I took the stairs or the elevator, a constant reminder that perhaps the stairs are best. Today, I go to the elevators to find that the inner door of the middle elevator is now open, revealing that the elevator is stuck between 12 and 11. Confidence inspiring, yes? Better, one of the other elevators seems to have issues with closing it doors. It will get stuck, then close very quickly and loudly. I had stopped taking the stairs because, ironically, I've started working out at the gym and now carry three bags (lunch, gym bag, and increasingly heavy purse - what's in this thing?) to and from my car every day. Now maybe I'm in a little better shape and will be able to lug all that stuff up the stairs. If I'm not in that good a shape now, I'll soon have to be because all three elevators may stop working at any time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home