Tuesday, July 12, 2005

T-Shirts

Those who know me in RL (real life) know that I have quite a few T-shirts with interesting little expressions on them. At the end of the semester in my Intro to Computer Engineering class many (um, 6?) years ago, someone actually turned to me and said that she would miss my T-shirts.

But as many T-shirts as I have, there are still quite a few expressions I would love to have on a T-shirt. I actually had a custom T made that was suppose to say "WEIRD ... and proud of it...", but the person who made it couldn't remember how to spell "weird", so it came out "WIERD ...and proud of it..." Diana calls it my “wired” shirt. I've considered starting my own line of "wierd" shirts with those expressions I've been looking for printed on them. I could trademark it by making Kip the dot over the "i". Something like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All of the T’s would probably be black. Of course, I don’t really know how to go about starting a T-shirt business, especially since I would do it on the side as a hobby-like thing, kind of like this blog. Except there would hopefully be some exchange of funds. But that would mean taxes. Yuck. So, now that I’ve revealed most of my plans for a T-shirt business and how it will never happen, how’s about some of those expressions? Some of them might only work for me, but others might have slightly broader appeal (possibly as many as ten people). Some of them may already exist (I’m not including phrases that I know exist. For most of those, go to ThinkGeek). Some would also need some artwork to go with them, but, as evidenced by Kip, I can’t draw.

Wierd and Proud of it! – the trademark T
Freak of Nature
Space Cadet
Believe it or Else
Healthy people make me sick.
I do what my Palm Pilot tells me to.
If I’m normal, the standard deviation must be HUGE!
Paranoid? I’m not paranoid! Who says I’m paranoid?!
Instead of traditions, we have trends. Instead of laws, we have lawsuits. And instead of philosophies, we have T-shirts.
Martian Exchange Student
Black goes with everything
No one understands me because I speak my own language.
Raised by Computers
I'm a pedestrian. This is a sidewalk. I have the right of way. (worn on the back with a "walking man" sign)
Feel the buzz! (with a picture of a hand holding a buzzer)

Updated to add:
So much for that theory...
Moving on...
Yeah, buddy!
Are we having fun yet?
Are we there yet?


I am pretty sure I'm forgetting some. "Mine, not yours" works better as a sticker than as a t-shirt. At least half of these probably require some explaination. Um... Maybe later.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Believe it or Else
-If I’m normal, the standard deviation must be HUGE!
-Martian Exchange Student
-No one understands me because I speak my own language.

I'll order these four. No need to worry about taxes; I'll pay you under the table. ;)

7/13/2005 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed it: Freak of Nature! I want that one too!!!

7/13/2005 5:48 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/06/2005 11:43 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/18/2005 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hypercolor Shirts are back!! Totally new, color chaning clothes. Call 1-800-924-0305 for orders and details. Custom orders welcome, in stock in all colors and sizes. 1st 100 orders get free shirts!

3/17/2006 2:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/24/2007 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home