Monday, January 31, 2005

What is a "Spak Kadi"?

So what's this "SpakKadi" that I put everywhere, including my blog? Astronomy is one of my long-lived hobbies. And I'm weird. So when it came time to pick a camp name in Girl Scouts, Space Cadet seemed the perfect choice. For some bizarre reason, some of the leaders couldn't remember a camp name "that long", so I told them to just call me "Spak" (since Spacey sounded too much like Stacey, one of which we already had). In high school, I invented my own language. In theory, it was for the characters in my stories. But it was more for my own amusement. Spak became "space". And, because it was my language and I could make stuff up, Kadi became "cadet". Hence, "Rantings of a Space Cadet" is at http://spakkadi.blogspot.com. And, whenever I feel like maybe I'm not as weird as I think I am, I simply google my screen name. Who knew the SciFi channel bulletin boards kept posts that long?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home