Saturday, December 09, 2006

Television Addiction

As I said in my previous post, I’ve been watching television to wind my brain down and get my mind off work. Unfortunately, I’ve spent far too much of my at home time trying to wind my brain down that way instead of reading all of my back issue of Discover Magazine and Spectrum and perhaps doing some chores. At any given point this year I have watched Eureka, Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Monk, Psych, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Heroes, Studio Sixty on the Sunset Strip, Supernatural, Ugly Betty, Jericho, House, Medium, Lost, and probably more that I’ve forgotten. And that’s not counting the cable reruns of various cartoon series that I watch when nothing else is on. I don’t think I’ve had this much of a problem since I was a kid, before my Mom started the “one hour of television a day” rule. (I once tried to list all of the TV shows I had ever watched. It was next to impossible. I think I watched about 90% of the shows listed on the first three pages here and about half the ones listed on the first three pages here. I have to wonder how much smarter I would be if I hadn’t watched so much TV).

So I’ve been trying to pare down. I think I have a few months before season 3 of Avatar begins, so after the hiatus, I hope to be down to Heroes with the occasional guilty pleasure of Supernatural. I just need to remember to turn off the TV when the show is over and turn on my music when I want a little background noise.

Of course, as I'm writing this, I'm watching Bourne Identity on USA. I can quit any time I want! I swear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home