Tuesday, March 21, 2006

WaPo Conservative

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to make of the Washington Post's new conservative blog, Red America. One thing that stood out was that, unlike the other blogs on washingtonpost.com, comments are not open, though trackbacks are allowed. Now, I understand that this has become fairly standard practice in the conservative blogosphere. But that just makes me more suspicious of the decision to not enable comments. Are they trying to seem more "authentic" that way? Or are they afraid all of their liberal readers will swamp the blog with hate comments a la the controversy they had a couple of months ago. Or did that already happen and I just missed reading it with comments enabled?

So far, he has established that the MSM just doesn't get mainstream America and journalists aren't the only ones who need a lesson in statistics. I'm sure at some point he'll talk about actual issues...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red America makes me think communist. I am sure that is exactly the opposite of what they want me to think. I get the whole red states are republican thing, but I still have the whole red equals communist association. I guess it’s a good thing that I am not a republican.

3/28/2006 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home