Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Upcoming Movies

Too... many... movies. My wallet already hurts. This is somewhat for my own reference, since I keep forgetting which movies I want to see this year. I've also prioritized them on a scale of 1 to 5 * - one being "only if I'm tired of re-viewing other movies" and 5 being "I'll see it... then potentially see it again."

June 10 - Mr. and Mrs. Smith. * If I getting tired of seeing Sith before Batman comes out, I might see it. Otherwise, I think I'll wait 'till it comes on USA. Seeing Angelina Jolie kick Brad Pitt's butt might be fun, but Brad Pitt is only good at playing crazy people (See Twelve Monkeys and Fight Club). Anyway, looks like mostly an excuse to blow stuff up.

June 15 - Batman Begins. ***** They'd better not #$*& this up. Both the humor and the action better be dark. Bruce Wayne had better not be a dork. And the Scarecrow had better bring up some terrifying demons. I can see Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon only if he has an encounter with the Scarecrow. Ra's Al Ghul I'm afraid I'm less familiar with, but Wantanbe was impressive in Last Samurai. The batsuit is a good sign. The new batmobile is not.

June 29 - War of the Worlds. **** Tom Cruise picks good projects, then ruins them by being in them. In a related story, he is now dating Katie Holmes. (Sorry, guys). However, this has enough other things going for it that it may be redeemable. Here's hoping.

July 8 - Fantastic Four. *** I must admit, I was not going to see this movie. Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis, who has been on both the goody-goody Commish and the nitty-gritty Shield just weren't enough of a draw for me considering I'd never heard of the guys playing Mr. Fantastic and The Human Torch. Also, it seemed like they were going for light humour more than angst. However, it turns out Mr. "I'm so bad I'm good" from Nip/Tuck is playing Dr. Doom. Aussies - the next best thing to Brits for bad guys. They don't just enjoy being evil. They savor it. I probably won't see it opening weekend, but I might get around to it during a lull in the season.

July 15 - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. **** Remember that movie about children going to a chocolate factory that traumatized you as child? Well it's about to traumatize a whole new generation of kids on a whole new level with Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka and Tim Burton directing what will undoubtedly be a strange trip. Even though Depp's grin in the previews is already freaking me out, I have to see what they've done with this. I just have to.

July 22 - The Island. ** Am I the only one reminded of an MST3K victim, Parts: The Clonus Horror, when the ads come on for this movie? Ewan McGregor (minus the Obi-Wan beard), Steve Buscemi, and Michael Clarke Duncan are in it, so I might see it. Might. But I will be tempted to construct two little 'bots to take with me and mumble under my breath "Tonight, on Biography..."

Beyond summer

Sept. 30 - Serenity. ****** Yes. That's six stars. Shut up.

Oct. 28 - Legend of Zorro. **** Antonio Banderas (say it right) and Catherine Zeta-Jones return. Perhaps I'll hide in this movie on my birthday. Thason may not be patient enough to wait until my thirtieth to get back at me for his. Oh, and Walt, I no longer have a roommate you can get a key from. So :P

Nov. 18 - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. **** I don't know how they're going to cram the fourth book into a movie, but I guess we'll see.

Dec. 9 - Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. *** Hmmm. I'll have to wait until I've seen more to know if this is worth going to. I liked the book in fourth grade, but movies have already been made out of most, if not all, of the Narnia Chronicles. Wait and see, sons of Adam. Wait and see, daughters of Eve.

Wow. That took a lot longer to put together than I thought it would. Will I have time to do my other posts tonight? We'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You obviously have too much time on your hands. :P

6/01/2005 12:28 AM  
Blogger SpakKadi said...

Yes. Yes I do. Note to self - get life. Wait, it looks like I've already written that note to myself. The ink's kind of faded, though...

6/04/2005 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home