Wednesday, September 14, 2005

1st Blogaversery

Today is my first blogaversery. What a year! I was in Boston for an embedded systems conference while Ivan was threatening the Gulf Coast. I wondered just how many hurricanes could hit Florida - such a narrow and low-lying state - before it simply washed away. And thus, this faux news article became my first post. I started out commenting on the election as just about every blog did at the time. And I recorded some thoughts and theories that I had had for a while, just never transcribed (like Stuck in Sci-Fi). I got a job. And I spent the next month being rather prolific here. Then there was a slight problem with my computer, and blogging was rather light for a while. I recalled the best April Fool's Day prank I ever pulled on myself. The Pope died, and the Conclave was formed. I set some priorities. I pondered the increasing complexity of speculative fiction on televion. I predicted a bad hurricane season (and I underestimated). I obsessed over summer movies. I contemplated my mother's allowance policy. I got fed up with the debate about what we should have done in Iraq because I wanted the debate to be about what we should be doing. I thought about starting my own line of T-Shirts. Nobody guessed that the title of my evolution post came from the first X-Men movie. I put my own two cents into the swearing debate. My nerdiness/geekiness/dorkiness was confirmed by a completely and totally accurate and precise Internet test. Katrina came and left a path of destruction. I actually kept most of my paranoia in check when urging you to be prepared. And I decided there was only one real way to judge a civilization.

Phew! I think I need to update my sidebar.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Happy blogiversary

9/15/2005 3:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you started it to celebrate my birthday!

9/15/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger SpakKadi said...

That too. ;)

9/15/2005 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home