Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Lift off! Woooo!

Well, I'm slightly going to break one of my blogging rules to say that I watched Discovery's launch in the big screen auditorium at work today. Second row, center. I may make it on the news. There was a massive burst of applause at liftoff, followed by several minutes of a room full of people holding their breath, and a final burst of applause when the external fuel tank pulled away from the orbiter. That camera on the external fuel tank is new, by the way, and what a very cool camera it is. Watching the orbiter pull away was neat. Or is nifty the properly geeky term? I don't know what it was like for the average person with a passing interest watching, but where I was... it was intense. Now hopefully, the touchdown will go just as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Does your group have any releasable thoughts on the shuttle damage that Drudge has been reporting? (i.e., is it serious or not?)

7/27/2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger SpakKadi said...

I only know what you guys know - i.e., what's in the news. *sigh* It looks like the fleet is grounded again. As for Discovery, they're still investigating any possible damage. We'll see what happens.

7/27/2005 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home