Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Mythbusters Wish They Were This Cool

Don Herbert, better known as Mr. Wizard, has died. There's a nice blog eulogy (blogulogy?) here. I remember watching Mr. Wizard as a kid, probably the same repackaging that the Unapologetic Mathematician watched on Nickelodeon. For some reason, a lesson on how ice is less dense than water, so water levels would actually drop when the ice in a glass melted stands out in my mind. Oh, man, now I'm going to start having educational television flashbacks...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The UM checking in :D

I don't know if you ever get to the College Perk, but I'll be there drinking to Don Herbert's memory (or whatever else I can think of) starting next week for much of the summer.

6/13/2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger SpakKadi said...

Never been, but the menu looks good. I'll have to check it out sometime.

6/14/2007 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeks aplenty and space cadets (literal or metaphorical) welcome. I'd say to look for the math guy, but that wouldn't help.

6/15/2007 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home