Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Behold, The Power of Mint!

A lot of people find chocolate to be irresistible. Frankly, plain chocolate I can take or leave. I don't eat it that much anymore anyway because it keeps me up at night (what doesn't? you ask). Mint, on the other hand, is a weakness. If I see something with mint, I have great difficulty convincing myself not to get it. For instance, this evening, I saw Mint 3 Musketeers. I bought 4. Then I went to Chik-Fil-A and saw their Mint Chocolate milk shake. I had to keep saying to myself "You already bought the Musketeers. You already bought the Musketeers." I managed to resist - this time. But the next time I see a Chik-Fil-A, I may have to stop in (hopefully, it will be on a Sunday).

As you can image, the Christmas season is a killer. EVERYTHING goes mint : M&M's, Hershey's Kisses, even Kit-Kats went mint this year. But I have yet to see Reese's cups go mint. I think that's the only thing left. Unless Peeps start injecting a flavor other than "sugary" into their Christmas line. And before you say "ew!" to mint Reese's peanut butter cups, my mom makes mint peanut butter chocolate fudge, and it is delicious. Oddly, you can't taste the mint and the peanut butter at the same time, so your taste buds alternate between which flavor to transmit to your brain. So if Reese's ever go mint, I may have to increase my daily jog to 3 hours.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home