Monday, June 12, 2006

Dinner Table Conversation

One of the things I miss because I live alone is dinner table conversation. When I was in college, I'd go out with my friends and we'd talk about whatever - current events, politics, history, pop culture, philosophy, childhood memories, the optimal mathematical formula for determining how many pizzas or appetizers to order for our group... You know, the usual. When I was living at home, I'd get my daily dose of dinner conversation at the family dinner table. These days, I have to settle for occassional Sunday evenings with my step-cousin-in-laws (when did I become the most conservative person in the room?), Friday lunches with my co-workers (bring out the fortune cookies!), and blogging - which is basically the whole internet having those conversations, even if most people are sitting at their own table just talking to themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home