Monday, March 27, 2006

Distrubing News

My, but there were some distrubing stories in the news today. If you're eating, either stop reading or stop eating. There's this story (DISTURBING PICTURE WARNING!) of a girl who died today, a year after the surgery to have her second head removed (yes, I said second head).

Then there's the woman who kidnapped her children and stole her husband's identity - so much so, that the children even call her "Daddy". Just how do you go about explaining this to the kids?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a Discovery Health special on Manar. She didn't seem the same after the surgery; she was much more interactive and dynamic before the surgery. I felt bad for the second head, when they removed it. It did have its own brain, and it seemed to know what was going on around it. It was awake sometimes, when Manar was asleep. Also, they (Manar & the head) would have totally different feelings: one would be crying and the other happy. I am very grateful, as a parent, that I just got a healthy baby.

3/28/2006 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home