Monday, December 12, 2005

What a Very Strange Night

So, I go to basketball. By nine o'clock, it was just me and three guys. They were discussing whether to play 21 or HORSE. But I wanted to play two on two to make my 40 minute drive worth the trip. I'm here to burn calories, man! Come on! Of course, there was the sense that this was a little unbalance - a guy and a girl vs two guys. And indeed it was. I had scored 6 of 8 points by the time the other team scored anything. I lost count of my own shots around eleven or twelve. En fuego! Where have these shots been? And where did they go? Because when we got tired, we switched to HORSE and I couldn't even make the frickin' easy shots. Maybe some day, the fire and I will meet again.

I was pumped on my way home and there didn't appear to be any traffic snarling construction at College Park, so I stopped by the 24-hour grocery store. 'Cept, they were closing at 11. And it was 10:56. And I forgot my list. Super-shop! Let's see... bananas are a definite yes... what else? Hmmm, I guess I don't need anything down those aisles that are roped off with duct tape. Oh! Water! And Coke! And a third hand, dang it! Store closing! Must run!

Well, that was some nice exercise. I hope I didn't forget anything.

I drove home and parked my car in the parking garage. As I walked toward the building, there were two guys also walking toward the building who were having a rather interesting conversation. One was complaining about how the world wasn't fair. Ugly guys like Guy #2 get all the girls, while Guy #3 (not present), who has everything going for him, doesn't get any. Guy #2 took exception to being called ugly and they proceeded to insult each other's appearance in rather bizarre ways. Something about deer playing volleyball with someone's face. I don't know. Thankfully, I was walking in front of them, so they didn't see me struggling hard not to laugh. But then we ended up in the elevator together. Back to how Guy #1 doesn't understand how Guy #3 doesn't have a girl. The adrenaline was making me just a bit giddy, so I had to bite my tongue to keep from asking who this guy was. So not going there. A few more exchanged insults and I'm at my floor, then at my door, trying not to disturb my neighbors with my laughter. What the heck was that?

What a very strange night indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home