Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Bots are Getting Smarter

I've been getting a lot of comment spam lately. It used to be, the bots would comment anonymously on whatever my most recent post was. All comments go directly to my e-mail, so I'd know the next time I checked my mail that the comment was there and delete it. Lately, though, the bots have had names like Admin and Adele. Not only that, they appear to be searching for posts that are at least tangentally to key words in their comments. Several spyware spams were posted at my computer service rant. Quite a few air conditioning spams were posted at my post about how air conditioning contributed to people withdrawing into their homes and out of the local, physical community (and I love how the spam "agreed" with me. "Yes, air conditioning is contributing to reduction of casual human interaction crucial to a healthy community. Now, come buy one of your own!").

I suppose one of these days I'll have to switch to Haloscan. But will I lose all previously posted comments if I do? Stupid bots.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

You don't lose the old comments. Those are stored on blogger. When I switched to haloscan, I turned off comments for all future posts and added the links for haloscan.

10/06/2005 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home