Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

According to SciFiDaily, Tim Minear (X-Files, Angel, Firefly) is going to do an adaptation of Robert Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Now, I've heard rumors before, but I wasn't sure the book could be done justice (especially after the disaster that was Starship Troopers). But Tim Minear has teamed with Joss Whedon in the past, most notably on Firefly, which he also produced. Whedon's work has often reminded me of Heinlein for reasons I still can't pin down, so this could work. Please let it work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm eagerly waiting for more info about this (hopefully) forthcoming movie. The book is among my favorites of the many great novels Robert Heinlein wrote. And although I'm trying to remain upbeat about it, I can't forget the horrible job that was done to "Starship Troopers", which, in my opinion, is one of the worst adaptations ever produced and the only movie I ever walked out of while it was playing.

3/10/2008 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home