Friday, April 27, 2007

It Certainly is a Big Black Room

I have spent 10-18 hours a day for the past two weeks (with only Sunday off) in a Big Black Room with a powerful air-conditioning system. I blended quite well, but I ended up buying a sweatshirt to keep warm.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alabama is theoretically in the Central Time Zone. However, I’ve been getting up at Nova Scotia time, eating lunch between Chicago and Denver, and eating dinner between California and Hawaii. My body has pretty much given up hope on regular eating and sleeping patterns, so it just makes me hungry at random intervals.

For the most part, I only saw the sun on my drive in to work, though on Saturday we left just as the sun was about to touch the horizon for sunset. On the bright side, we did have a sun simulator in the Big Black Room with Artic Aspirations. However, I don’t think it was capable of encouraging the production of vitamin D. And its warmth only encouraged the over-eager air-conditioner to simulate a passing cold front. I’m surprised a thunderstorm didn’t break out. But that wouldn’t have been ESD safe.

My time in the Big Black Room with Arctic Aspirations and a Simulated Sun is now complete. I have returned to the land of crowds, traffic jams and perpetual road construction. My car actually fits me. I get to eat food that isn't 50% grease and vegetables that aren't potato-based. I get to go outside. During the day. And EXERCISE! And I have a reason to wear sunglasses again! WEEEEEEEEE!

Woah. There appear to be some mental side effects. I think I'm going to have to wear color for a couple of days to recuperate. Hopefully, the damage isn't permanent.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

color?

4/29/2007 12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink top and khaki capris. There are photos.

...and something strappy on the feet, I think.

4/29/2007 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much ya want for the photos?
- disbeliever

4/29/2007 5:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was there. In fact, I helped pick out the clothes. I can verify the validity of Walt's statement. I, however, do not have photos. Perhaps Walt will sell me a copy too?

4/30/2007 2:56 AM  
Blogger SpakKadi said...

What is this? A conspiracy against me forming on my own blog? Pink truly is the color of evil...

4/30/2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How to make things pinker...

5/04/2007 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home