Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Sick Blanket

I'm currently in possession of what I have referred to as "the sick blanket" since I was a child. It looks like a quilt, but it is closed at the bottom like a sleeping bag. A zipper goes about 2/3 of the way up the front. The top corners can then be snapped into place at the top of the zipper, creating two "sleeves". To secure the blanket around the top, there are two more snaps in the front. It's perfect for resting on the couch or a recliner when you're sick because it keeps your feet warm and the blanket secured around your shoulders while leaving your hands free to grab tissues and nibble on crackers. Plus, my cat could sleep in the bottom of it, lending his warmth to the blanket and my feet but leaving me free to get up without disturbing him (so he could keep it warm while I was gone). Whenever I was sick that blanket would come out of the closet and I'd sit in my dad's recliner and fall asleep in front of the TV. Ah, memories.

I tried to find another one like it. The closest I've been able to find is a cuddle wrap, but it's not closed at the bottom, an important feature if you plan to utilize the feline foot-warmer option. So when I moved out of my parents house, my mom ended up giving it to me. Now it sits in my closet until I get sick. Or a particularly cold weekend with no particular plans encourages me to stay in and watch movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home