Tuesday, July 04, 2006

And Knowing is Half the Battle!

I think G.I. Joe is one of the two cartoons that I didn't watch as kid, but I vaguely recall the PSAs they had at the end (maybe it came on just before something else I watched). Mutant Reviewers has a humorous write up of the 25 PSAs that were included on the G.I. Joe: The Movie DVD. The reviewer got me thinking... what would the G.I. Joe PSA on gun safety be like?

Guns

Bobby and Becky are playing in the traffic when they spot a gun lying in the middle of the road. Bobby rushes to pick it up. "Don't touch it!" scolds Becky.

"What? It's probably not even loaded." Bobby picks up the gun and points it at Becky.

G.I. Joe sneaks up behind Bobby and yells "Guns are not toys!"

Bobby, startled, pulls the trigger, missing Becky by inches.

G.I. Joe: See? Never point a gun at someone, even if you think it isn't loaded. In fact, never handle a gun unless you are fully trained and licensed. If you see an unsecured gun, tell an adult immediately.

Bobby: (still holding the gun, which Joe has made no effort to take away from him) Now I know.

G.I. Joe: And knowing is half the battle!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pan over to Becky. "I think I pooped my pants."

7/04/2006 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home