Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Writer's ADD

Sure, you've heard of writer's block, where you stare at the page or the screen, hoping inspiration will fly out and hit you in the head. But I seem to be suffered from writer's ADD - aggravation, distraction, and dissatisfaction. I have several potential posts in various stages of preparation, but they're just not coming together. There's my closing remarks on Star Trek, but the finale of Enterprise left me somewhat bitter and others have already said so much more so much better. There's a post on the consequences of mass producing art. A parody of politically motivated protests. An article on how successful science fiction television shows seem to be guided by the visions of a single person. Not to mention various ideas that have already gone stale because the news they are based on has come and gone. But I'll get ideas for one while working on another. Or I won't like what I wrote because bitterbitterbitter is not my intent. Or I get off point and have to start over. I'll have several Word documents open at once so I can quickly switch between. But at some point, I also have to sleep. Oh, yeah, there was that post on insomnia I was working on. Coalesce, ideas! Why do you torment me so?

1 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

Is there a way put all those ideas together?

"Kirk, unable to sleep, finally gets out of bed in frustration. Bitter over the last election, and without much hope for the next one, he scans the newsheet in hope of finding something that will cheer him up. An article catches his eye - the planet Alderaan has launched the largest art exhibit in the galaxy ..."

lol -

5/18/2005 2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home