Monday, May 09, 2005

D Movies

On the drive back from Blacksburg on Sunday (HappybirthdayThason!), I needed a little mental stimulation to keep me alert, so one of my passengers suggested playing a game where one person would name a movie, then the next person would have to come up with a movie who's title began with the first letter of the last word of the previous movie. If the title began and ended with the same letter, it bounced back to the sender. It went fairly well at first, but "D" kept coming up and frustrating the person it hit. So, of course I thought of several "D" movies after dropping off my passengers and heading home. For future reference (I haven't listed any of the movies we actually used):

Dangerous Liasons
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
Demolition Man
Dangerous Minds
Dungeons and Dragons
Dr. Doolittle
Dead Poet's Society
Dirty Harry

Stupid D! Why must you end so many movies and start so few?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dangerous Liasons was used. I think you replied with Lord of the Rings.

5/09/2005 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For multi-word titles, the critical letters are the first letters of the first and last word.

For a single-word title, the first and last letter of the word.

So "Ishtar" would pass an 'I' to the next player, while "Willow" is a 'W' bounceback to the previous player.

5/10/2005 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Dangerous Liasons was used.

And I believe you still owe us a "V" Walt... When "Victor Victoria" came from the car.

5/10/2005 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Game ended for me when I left the car, dude. Let it go, man...

5/11/2005 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home