Sunday, October 03, 2004

SNL Parody (Debate 1)

Well, I saw SNL's take on the debate this evening (last night? eh, prior to now). And Kerry wins yet again! The hand signals! The blatently contradictory positions! The pandering! Absolutely classic. The Bush parody, however, was just sad. There was so much they could have harped on in regards to Bush's performance to bring the funny, but they focused on one thing and beat it to death (at least Bush picks three or four things to beat to death). As long as the sketch was, they could have had Bush be a bit more confident or even cocky at the beginning, then descend into the "hard work" rut. I don't even like Bush and I cringed. A little more respect for your source material, guys. Sheesh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

I didn't see that debate parody, but I did see the SNL parody of the second debate. I had to turn it off as it so offended me (and I'm pretty tough to offend and I do link and do like many parodies of Bush).

10/10/2004 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home